Geek Smack! 211: AT&T and T-Mobile
www.thegeeksmack.com – This last week after the trip to Detroit, had a very interesting week. Got sick, truck died. But I got through it. Jeffrey also talks about the holiday schedule and the trip to Las Vegas and CES in 3 weeks.
Geek Smack Sponsor board!
Get a Roku – Prices start at $49
Mozy for Business: Call 877.669.9776 or MozyPro.com Code Podcast15 saves you 15%
Sticher: Sign up, download and you could win $100
The video portion of this show is shot using Wirecast for Windows – Also for Mac OS X
Check out the Geekazine Store
Hotline – 608-205-4378 – geekazine (at) gmail.com
Download the audio version
Subscribe: Feedburner – Zune – iTunes – TechPodcasts – Blubrry – Stitcher
You can catch me on Twitter – Plurk – Myspace – About.Me – Facebook Group – Google Plus
Day in Tech History – 5 Tech Things You Should Know – The OTT – Geekazine Special Media Feed
Geek Smack! Tech News:
Android Infringes Microsoft Patent
– generating meeting requests and group scheduling from a mobile device
RIAA Report Card on Google
– After 1 year, Google’s promises are not adding up.
Location Based Social Media Not Working?
– People seeing only a 2% increase. But is that bad?
Sprint Sues Cable
– Patents for Voice over Packet
Siri Hates British and Southerners
– Siri having some communication issues?
Google Invests $94 million in Solar
– Google is investing the funds in four photovoltaic projects near Sacramento
Skype Offering Free WiFi at Airports
– 50 locations from Dec 21-27.
Apple buys Flash Storage Company
– Up to a $500 million acquisition
Paul Allen Announces Private Space Flight Company
– Stratolaunch will be making dual-bodied, 6 engine jets for space travel
Nuance Acquires Vlingo
– What does that mean for Siri?
Geek Smack! Geek News:
Geek Smack! Topic of the Week: AT&T Ends T-Mobile Deal – What Happens Now?
AT&T decided to take back their $39 billion purchase deal on T-Mobile. It doesn’t mean they wont try again later – that is, if T-Mobile can stay stable.
AT&T will also have it’s hand in T-Mobile’s pot as they pay $4 billion to T-Mobile for a roaming agreement.
The Geek Smack! is under a Creative Commons no-deriv license