The Jabra Stone – Fashion to the Bluetooth Headset
The world of Bluetooth headsets has evolved. My first headset seemed like a monster compared to today. Still, there is a level of geekiness that supersedes the functionality the headset can give. That is why Jabra put out the Jabra Stone – a fashion – oriented earpiece for those who don’t like having a microphone stick from their face.
The stone touts one big feature – no visible microphone. The headset is designed for fashion over functionality. All black with no visible buttons.
The stone is Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR compliant. It works with Bluetooth 1.1 or better. Once charged, the device has an 8 hour talk and 12 day standby time. The headset can answer calls, do voice dialing and last number redial and can change in volume.
In the review section, I go through and talk about the functionality of this headset. Unfortunately, I can not mark this headset high. There are a lot of limitations that cause this to not be a great headset. One limitation is the $139 ($99 on Amazon) price tag. We talk about it’s charging ability, use in the ear, how carrying it around can be a hassle and if it’s “Rain Shower Proof”.
The headset does have Fashion, so those interested may want to get it. However, this headset is not that great on functionality. In this video, we talk more about the headset by Jabra.
- Wearing Style:
- Designed for right ear wearing
- Bluetooth® compliance:
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR specification.
- Supported Bluetooth® profiles:
- Bluetooth® Headset (version 1.1) and Hands-free profiles (version 1.5).
- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Jabra STONE is compatible with other Bluetooth® devices with Bluetooth® 1.1 (or higher) specifications.
- Operating range:
- 10 meters (33 feet).
- Up to 8 devices – connected to 2 at the same time (Multiuse™).
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours (up to 2h for headset alone).
- Standby time: Up to 12 days (up to 2.5 days for headset alone).
- Charging time: Approximately 2 hours.
- STONE headset 7 grams (0.25 oz), Stone charger 26 grams (0.67 oz), total 33 grams (0.92 oz).
- SLR = 14 dB +/- 3 dB 2 pcs Omni-directional MEMS microphones.
- Operating temperature:
- -20° C to 60° C (-4 F to 140 F).
- Storage temperature:
- -20° C to 45° C (-4 F to 113 F).
- Jabra STONE materials:
- Polycarbonate/Acryl Butadien Styren (PC/ABS), Polycarbonate (PC), Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE).
- Answer call, end call, reject call, voice dialing, last number redial, call waiting, put call on hold, volume control (Some features are device dependent)