I will be at Vidcon 2017 to not only learn, but pass on my knowledge of creating online content. As a podcaster and video creator with 10 years of social experience, I am excited to grow my presence and build the skills I still lack.
Geekazine Offers Some Tips for Vidcon
Here are my tips before heading out:
- Know the Lay of the Land – Did you know there is a Target only 4 blocks away? Great place to get supplies if you need them. Especially rain ponchos.
- Shuttles are the Best Transportation – Cabs and Uber can become expensive from the Airport. You can get on a Shuttle to your hotel for a lot cheaper. Keep in mind to book 24 hours in advance.
- Charging – I bring a lot of batteries. The one I rely on most is my Tough Tested 8,000 mAh charger. It can charge the phone several times in a day.
- Snacks and Water – Keep hydrated and have a snack in your bag. You never know when you will use it.
- Use Your Own Bag – I use the Case Logic Kontrast Backpack. I can spot this bag in a sea of Vidcon bags.
- Check your Blood Pressure – You don’t want to collapse in front of a bunch of YouTubers. Make sure you’re healthy coming into this event.
- Business Cards – Don’t let anyone tell you they are not worth it. I make more connections with cards than anything.
- Have Fun – You are there to learn, but also there to experience an event. Make sure you spend a few hours soaking in the event.