Rethinking your server. Last year we saw how HP was working on redesigning servers to be more Energy-efficient with enough power to grow a Datacenter, but not need any more room than what you currently have. Now it’s time to talk numbers: How upgrading your Servers can reduce cost in power, heat and even software license.
Dave Peterson talks at the HP Road Show Converged Infrastructure about the top reasons why people won’t upgrade a machine. Dave continues to show why those reasons are really not saving you money.
Dave shows that within 12 months, you could payback your IT infrastructure by upgrading to G6. This video is the discussion on the new economic truths. Why you should give up that old Pentium III running in the corner for a machine that can run 11 machines in one.
Some of the myths that will be dispelled in this video:
- We still have warranties
- Too busy to add management
- Power and Energy costs are killing us
- Running older servers than deal with complexity of upgrading network
- We can’t grow without remodeling
- We have to live with downtime because of budget constraints
- We run servers until they die – replace when needed
This video runs 37:40. Video by Andy McCaskey and Jeffrey Powers. In the next video, Jeffrey will sit with Dave and talk more about why you should be contemplating replacement.