Batteries show us we are getting earth-friendly with batteries. Eco Alkalines is a company that creates batteries in the standard packs (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V).
Eco Alkalines bought the company a year ago, and since then, they have made the whole product green. From Soy ink, to the batteries which are certified as “Carbon neutral”. 88 percent is effecient. The remaining 12 percent, they counter by participating in carbon off-set projects. No mercury, cadmium or lead.
Jessica Bell of Eco Alkalines talked to Jon Wurm about these Earth-friendly batteries. She mentioned the one question people ask is the life expectancy of the battery. After all, if the battery doesn’t last long, you might not want to use it. They tested, and Eco Alkaline batteries were tested with national brands. They found the batteries matched Duracell and Energizer.
So if you do throw these in the trash – that is OK. They do bio-degrade properly with no harmful mercury, cadmium or lead getting into the dirt.
Interview by Jon Wurm of F5 Live for the TechPodcast Network.
Thanks for viewing the CES article Eco Alkalines: Carbon Neutral Batteries that Last – CES 2012 at Geekazine!
CES content is created with help from Conner Flynn.
- Support the site through the Amazon Affiliate Store
- You can also tip the show (Paypal)
- Join the Patreon Page
- Get a Geekazine T-Shirt
Powered by Geekazine Live!
Learn more about Geekazine Live and how you can bring the live stream to your event!