Geekazine Giveaway Rules
The following are standard rules in any Geekazine contest. Unless otherwise stated in the individual contest, these rules will serve as a base. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me @geekazine
Geekazine contests do not require a purchase to enter (unless otherwise stated).
- Eligibility: Geekazine Giveaways are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 13 years of age or older. Employees of Geekazine are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participant entry constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Giveaway Entry/Submission: To enter any Geekazine contest, you must must meet the requirements of the contest as stated on the contest page.
- Winner Selection: The Winner will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Potential winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period. If within 3 enterants do not respond to claim their winnings, then the prize will go unclaimed. Winner(s) will be drawn no earlier than 7 days after and no later than 15 days after contest ends.
- Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.
- No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of this contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend to address the impairment and then resume in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless geekazine Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in this contest
- Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of Winner’s name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).